30 September 2010

10 Words to Delete from Your Vocabulary

10 Words to Delete from Your Vocabulary

330 notes
1. Can’t: The use of this word is primarily responsible for countless hopes and
dreams lying dormant on the ‘drawing boards’ of our lives. Completely
eliminate your use of this word and you will see a significant positive change
in your life.

2. But: When used as a conjunction,”but” negates whatever statement that precedes it.” I want to study law, but it wlll take a lot of hard work.” Your mind does not focus on your desire to become a lawyer or judge;it only sees the hard work you will need to perform.Replace “but” with ‘and’.

3. Should: Any statement that uses the word “should” generally elicits guilt.”I
should go to the gym,” makes you feel guilty for not going. Replace this word
with “choose,” as in, “I choose to go to the gym,or I choose not to go to the
gym today.

4. Maybe: This word indicates indecision,doubt,or uncertainty as to a course of
action. For example, “Maybe I’d better wait to…”
For those of us interested in personal development,”maybe” should be used very
sparingly. Use “I will” or ” I will not” instead of maybe. The mere sound of
the more positive words emit feelings of confidence and resolve which are so
important to our personal well-being.

5. Soon or Later: Both are indefinite references to time.They are also
non-commital.They should be replaced with a definite time and date.
When someone tells you he or she is going to do something “soon” or “later,”
there is no way to determine when “whatever it is” will get done. Imagine
what could happen to deadlines and your integrity when these words are used
frequently.

6. Someday: Someday, like “soon or later”, is much too indefinite,and when it
is used, it shows the same lack of commitment.Replace “someday” with a specific
date and time.

7. Never: This word is absolute,and there are only limited situations when “never”
is absolutely true. The use of this word,in my opinion,suggests a closed mind,
which seriously hinders our self-growth efforts. The word “never” should be
replaced with a non-absolute term.

8. Won’t: The word “won’t” implies an unwillingness,reluctance, or closed
mindedness,and like the absolute term ‘never’, it is quite harmful because it
closes the door on many of the actions we need to take to reach our goals.

9. If: This is a small word that carries large doubts and uncertainties, and when
used often,it gnaws away at our confidence and intended actions, two qualities
necessary for any type of success.

10.Try or (I’ll Try): I don’t know about you, but each time someone has said these words to me,or the few times that I have used them in conversations with
others,whatever the subject of “I’ll try” was,rarely, if ever, got done.
Replace “I’ll try,” with ‘I will.’



And so my lovelies, my random closing thought for the day is

*Note I'm so not a cat person but this is a pretty cute picture that fits the quote!)
image via tumblr







Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.