30 November 2010

It's Beginning to look like D e c e m b e r !

I have to be brutally honest. I am kind of a scrooge the month of December. ( In case you have wondered why I haven't been playing along in the few X mas topics going around for the blog world)

 It's a hard month for me. My Mom passed away,( Dec 7th, 1995) my parents anniversary was 2 days later, my dad's birthday is 4 days after Xmas and well Last year I spent X mas ALONE. I am looking forward and am most thankful That I have my mister Wonderful to spend Xmas with this year (Aspen to of course)

Anyway, it usually takes me like till a few days before X mas to get a little more into the spirit. I LOVE the movie Christmas Vacation. Hence the new song on the bottom of my page. :)

I am currently watching The Family Stone. My First Christmas movie this season. Saw it in the theater loved it. Rachel McAdams is in it and SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker) lots of good actors.






On another note....



I am so stumped as to seeing ANY good or cute stockings this year! I was thinking of getting one for Mister Wonderful and I but other than PotteryBarn, this is all I have seen that are remotely decent. Any tips? Ideas? Stores?
Photobucket
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Hello, new follower :-) I am sorry to hear about your mother passing away during Christmas time, I can only imagine how hard that can be for you around this time of the year. Glad to hear that you have your mister wonderful to spend it with this year!

    xoxo
    Petchie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Family Stone too :)

    You could try looking on Etsy for stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand...my grandfather passed away on Christmas day when I was in 3rd grade. It took a long time to be able to celebrate Christmas and not be sad. It takes time but eventually it doesn't hurt as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Family Stone!! Such a cute movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, the Christmas decor (stockings etc) are kinda lame this year. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought our stockings at Hobby Lobby this year, there were lots of super cute ones there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. December is a rough month for you, you can't help it. My mom hates the fall...both her younger brother was diagnosed with cancer and passed away shortly after and my Nana (her mother was diagnosed with cancer in August 2008) she HATES the fall...Its my favorite. Wanna hear the wild part? BOTH of them were diagnosed on her birthday! My uncle Michael when I was just in kindergarten and then my Nana in 2008. She now has a hard time on her birthday....

    The stocking idea is really cute and something that you could start as a ritual to help take your mind off of heavier things....you can only try ya know.

    LOVE Christmas Vacation, Chevy Chase, that is great comedy! Our generation comedy haah!

    PS- This VS show rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried leaving a comment last night amongst other blog friends of mine & they didn't take so here goes again...

    I'm sorry to hear about your mom passing & especially around this time of year I can't imagine how difficult that must be. I am glad you have your Mr. Wonderful to share the special time with...P.s. LUV the creme stockings...luv pottery barn...if I could I would do my sons entire room by pottery barn.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved the Family Stone!!
    Thought about DIY-ing the stockings? We normally buy plain ones and then decorate them. Just an idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new follower :)

    I loved the Family Stone.
    Oh and I saw some really cute stockings at JoAnns not to long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like we share a lot in common...BGSU, our poms, and I also lost my mom. She passed away in 2001 and the holidays haven't been the same since. I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.