16 May 2012

Book Review!

Sister of Silence




An amazing true-crime story that unfolds faster than you can keep up, and leaves you longing for more, when you turn the final page. Raped at thirteen, she was forced into a shotgun wedding after her high school was featured on national television for having the highest number of pregnant teens in the U.S. But then Daleen Berry found herself married to a coal miner who kept her barefoot and pregnant. By age twenty-one she had four children. Sister of Silence is the amazing story of her personal journey: how she went from being a teen mom to an award-winning journalist determined to break the silence that shatters women and children's lives.


I chose this book because it seemed somewhat along the lines of the other book I loved so much By Chevy Steven's "Still Missing." 


A good read, but working on finding something to trump my love for the Fifty Shades trilogy! 

If you follow me on instagram, you probably read about my gripe with buying this book! I was out reading at the pool and the pages started to fall out of the book!!! 

Now mind you, I live in AZ, and on Sat it was 93.
Today's temp is 105.

So a word of advice: never read a book in that hot of a temp! It WILL loosen the book glue! 






Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hurry up and find something as good as 50 shades (please). I'm going through 'good book' withdrawal, and I generally rely on you to recommendations. :) no pressure..

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.