23 August 2012

First Art of the new school year!


It's not much, but it's what we've been up to the last 2 weeks of our new school year!










I did the post it note ice breakers activity with 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade. 3rd I will probably NOT do it with next year, seeing how they are oh so fresh out of second grade and most of their answers were not all that "deep" or more than a sentence long! 



6th is currently hard at work on their "names". Every year I start off the year with every grade doing an art project that has to do with their first names.

 First they wanted us to incorporate more "math" into our curriculum. Now this year they are asking for more language arts. This verb wall sure did the trick! 


 I've been teaching this mosaic apple lesson for as long as I can remember! Always a good refresher lesson for cutting "shapes" and small dots of glue for first grade! 






4th and 5th are doing this first name lesson. I It was only intended for 4th but I bumped it up to 5th when I was quickly finding out that at least 3-5 kids in a class were saying they didn't know how to write in cursive! Last I checked it was still required to be taught in 3rd grade! 





Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. i love seeing what the kids wrote as why is art important...it's amazing what they can come up with for answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the art posts being back! Adorable! :) and your verb bulletin board is fabulous! I asked my mom if I could come help her decorate her boards this year and she was like "I get one board to do what I want with. The rest are all taken up by things i HAVE to put up these days due to testing, etc." Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! i'm a school counselor and think that art is so important in the school system :)

    new follower, please stop on by:
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at how many of your kids have normal names! My sister is an elementary ed teacher & has the most RANDOM names! One year she had an Aoerricah - Erica.

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.