07 November 2013

CMAs gone and done it again!

I just LOVE watching the CMAS. I said this last year and I'll say it again. Other award shows need to take a lesson from the country music industry. They act like family and are so kind towards each other. Every time someone won an award, they were getting up out of their seats to thank one another with hugs and handshakes!


So let's jump right in to my mini recap shall we?

Everyone and their mother talks about Carrie's LEGS. If you recall, I blogged all about her legs a year or two ago. You can get the 411 on how to attain those legs HERE. Yes we know they are awesome. But it's rather tiresome to hear how half of my twitter feed and FB feed were comments like, "Doing squats now!" Really? Like 50 squats in between commercial are going to get you Carrie Underwood's legs? It was posted long ago her work out regime and I can tell you one set of squats a week ain't it! Not to mention DIET is huge for her and she pretty much DOESN'T eat all the things us food loving folks consume because we enjoy the sugar cookie or pasta more often than not. Just sayin! So before we all wallow in wishing for something that is quite hard to attain, think before you speak! :) Do some research!

cma-country-music-association-awards-2013-carrie-underwood-performance__oPt



Now can we talk about 2 other ladies who I thought looked FABULOUS!!?!



kenny-rogers-jennifer-nettles-cmas-2013

Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland looked AMAZING for just having a baby. I really hope her band gets going on some new material! Love them so much!


My best dressed award goes to Kimberly from The Band Perry.
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 6.44.45 AM
What a knock out! Want to talk about another lady who is totally trim and leaned out? Did y'all see her arms?!?! I say she is just as toned as Carrie Underwood! She had the prettiest hair too!

The other positive thing from twitter and the CMAS was I didn't read any mean or negative comments about the awards or the presenters. 




f92b271e89d06025420f6a706700e61a
I think the only thing remotely not nice that people commented on was how skinny Tim McGraw looked, and I have to agree, it does make him look older.

5fb8baf58acc6525420f6a706700b321

And sweet Taylor Swift. I AM SO HAPPY she won again and I love that Brad and Carrie said at the very beginning how much they support and applaud her for keeping her clothes ON! I think the exact words were for "Not dressing up like a bear" or "licking a hammer" (in reference to Miley's antics) She graciously laughed and smiled in the audience and said "you're welcome!" haha

Haters gonna hate, but she sells records y'all and WRITES every one of her own songs. She has a lot of drive and passion and I say kudos to her! 

Lastly this guy
0f7125da8a916425420f6a7067007629
George Strait. 

I think some people were upset by his win at the end. Really? All the nominees work hard. But let's get something straight (no pun intended) George is currently on tour for the LAST time. He's also had over 60 number one songs. and has more No. 1 hits than any other artist in ANY genre. THAT is the definition of Entertainer of the Year. 


And this song...

A must download! So great!




Well friends that's all I can blog about for now as I am running super late for work! 

What did y'all think? 

Your favorites?!

Tell me!  






5 comments:

  1. George is the man! They really just don't make country boys like him anymore. He's a classic! I thought Kimberly Perry looked amazing and I always love her hair, it's so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the show. Taylor had me tearing up a bit and I always love to see Carrie & Brad hosting together. I just don't think it would be the same if they didn't do it.

    Have a great Thursday
    http://wifesticated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE T. Swift and I couldn't agree more with your comment of haters gonna hate! And G. Strait is well-deserving of that award and more. He IS country music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this post! I couldn't have said it better myself. And I love that the true king of Country won entertainer of the year. I loved when him and Alan Jackson performed some good ol' George Jones. Now that is true music to my ears! And of course I loved Carrie's performance ....and her legs that I will never have. Pass the cookies please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was SO happy that George Strait won Entertainer of the Year during his retirement year. He is the definition of a country entertainer!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.